Effective: May 1, 2021
You may revoke your consent to this policy or exercise your privacy rights. To do so, please contact us. If you revoke your consent, your account and profile information will be removed from our website.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, purchase a membership, communicate with us via third-party platforms, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, display name, username, bio, email address, business information, your content, including your avatar image, photos, posts, responses, and series published by you, and any other information you choose to provide.
The types of services you may use from Mumhive which entail data collection include the following examples, though this list is not exhaustive, it will be made clear when data is being collected.
- Customer account/registration
- Order processing - The data you submit when ordering goods and/or services from us will have to be processed in order to fulfill your order. Please note that orders cannot be processed without providing this data. After your order has been completed, your personal data will be deleted, but only after the retention periods required by tax and commercial law. In order to process your order, we will share your data with the shipping company responsible for delivery to the extent required to deliver your order and/or with the payment service provider to the extent required to process your payment.
- Submission of online forms, including Contacts - If you contact us via email or the contact form, the data you provide will be used for the purpose of processing your request. We must have this data in order to process and answer your inquiry; otherwise we will not be able to answer it in full or at all.
- Sharing or Posting to Social Media services or by email and SMS
- User posts, comments, and ratings - We offer you the opportunity to post questions, answers, opinions, and ratings on our website, hereinafter referred to jointly as “posts.” If you make use of this opportunity, we will process and publish your post, the date and time you submitted it, and any pseudonym you may have used. In addition, we will also process your IP address and email address. The IP address is processed because we might have a legitimate interest in taking or supporting further action if your post infringes the rights of third parties and/or is otherwise unlawful.
- Follow-up comments - If you make posts on our website, we also offer you the opportunity to subscribe to any subsequent follow-up comments made by third parties. In order to be able to inform you about these follow-up comments, we will need to process your email address.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you use our services, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as your reading history and when you share links, follow users, highlight posts, and clap for posts.
- Transactional Information: When you purchase a membership, we collect information about the transaction, such as subscription details, purchase price, and the date of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from social networks, accounting services providers and data analytics providers. Additionally, if you create or log into your Mumhive account through a third-party platform (such as Apple, Facebook, Google, or Twitter), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, lists of friends or followers, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer reading preferences based on your reading history.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, which includes publishing and distributing user-generated content, personalizing the posts you see and operating our metered paywall. We also use the information we collect to:
- Create and maintain your account with Mumhive;
- Process transactions and send related information, such as confirmations, receipts, and user experience surveys;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about new content, products, services, and features offered by Mumhive and provide other news and information we think will interest you (see Your Preferences below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Mumhive and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with other users of the Services. For example, if you use our Services to publish content, post comments or send private notes, certain information about you will be visible to others, such as your name, photo, bio, other account information you may provide, and information about your activities on our Services (e.g., recent posts, likes, dislikes, your followers and who you follow, claps, highlights, and responses).
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, storage, and other infrastructure, analytics, payment processing, fraud prevention and security, customer service, communications, and marketing.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. If we are going to disclose your personal information in response to legal process, we will give you notice so you can challenge it (for example by seeking court intervention), unless we are prohibited by law or believe doing so may endanger others or cause illegal conduct. We will object to legal requests for information about users of our Services that we believe are improper.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Mumhive, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is shared between and among Mumhive and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
- We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICES and EMBEDDED CONTENT
We maintain an online presence on Twitter to present our company and our services and to communicate with customers/prospects. Twitter is a service provided by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.
We would like to point out that this might cause user data to be processed outside the European Union, particularly in the United States. This may increase risks for users that, for example, may make subsequent access to the user data more difficult. We also do not have access to this user data. Access is only available to Twitter. Twitter Inc. is certified under the Privacy Shield and committed to adhering to European privacy standards.
We maintain an online presence on Pinterest to present our company and our services and to communicate with customers/prospects. Pinterest is a service of Pinterest Inc., 651 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107, USA.
We would like to point out that this might cause user data to be processed outside the European Union, particularly in the United States. This may increase risks for users that, for example, may make subsequent access to the user data more difficult. We also do not have access to this user data. Access is only available to Pinterest. Pinterest Inc. is certified under the Privacy Shield and committed to comply with European privacy standards.
We maintain an online presence on YouTube to present our company and our services and to communicate with customers/prospects. YouTube is a service of Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, a subsidiary of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA.
We would like to point out that this might cause user data to be processed outside the European Union, particularly in the United States. This may increase risks for users that, for example, may make subsequent access to the user data more difficult. We also do not have access to this user data. Access is only available to YouTube. Google LLC is certified under the Privacy Shield and committed to comply with European privacy standards.
We maintain an online presence on LinkedIn to present our company and our services and to communicate with customers/prospects. LinkedIn is a service of LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Irland, a subsidiary of LinkedIn Corporation, 1000 W. Maude Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA.
We would like to point out that this might cause user data to be processed outside the European Union, particularly in the United States. This may increase risks for users that, for example, may make subsequent access to the user data more difficult. We also do not have access to this user data. Access is only available to LinkedIn. LinkedIn Corporation is certified under the Privacy Shield and committed to comply with European privacy standards.
To advertise our products and services as well as to communicate with interested parties or customers, we have a presence on the Facebook platform.
On this social media platform, we are jointly responsible with Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland.
The data protection officer of Facebook can be reached via this contact form: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/540977946302970
We have defined the joint responsibility in an agreement regarding the respective obligations within the meaning of the GDPR. This agreement, which sets out the reciprocal obligations, is available at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum
When accessing our online presence on the Facebook platform, Facebook Ireland Ltd. as the operator of the platform in the EU will process your data (e.g. personal information, IP address, etc.).
This data of the user is used for statistical information on the use of our company presence on Facebook. Facebook Ireland Ltd. uses this data for market research and advertising purposes as well as for the creation of user profiles. Based on these profiles, Facebook Ireland Ltd. can provide advertising both within and outside of Facebook based on your interests. If you are logged into Facebook at the time you access our site, Facebook Ireland Ltd. will also link this data to your user account.
If you contact us via Facebook, the personal data your provide at that time will be used to process the request. We will delete this data once we have completely responded to your query, unless there are legal obligations to retain the data, such as for subsequent fulfillment of contracts.
Facebook Ireland Ltd. might also set cookies when processing your data.
If you do not agree to this processing, you have the option of preventing the installation of cookies by making the appropriate settings in your browser.
It cannot be excluded that the processing by Facebook Ireland Ltd. will also take place in the United States by Facebook Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California 94025.
Facebook Inc. has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, thereby complying with the data protection requirements of the EU when processing data in the USA.
To advertise our products and services as well as to communicate with interested parties or customers, we have a presence on the Instagram platform.
As this social media platform is owned and operated by Facebook, the same address, contacts and terms apply to Instagram as they do to Facebook.
Social media links via graphics
We also integrate the following social media sites into our website. The integration takes place via a linked graphic of the respective site. The use of these graphics stored on our own servers prevents the automatic connection to the servers of these networks for their display. Only by clicking on the corresponding graphic will you be forwarded to the service of the respective social network.
Once you click, that network may record information about you and your visit to our site. It cannot be ruled out that such data will be processed in the United States.
Initially, this data includes such things as your IP address, the date and time of your visit, and the page visited. If you are logged into your user account on that network, however, the network operator might assign the information collected about your visit to our site to your personal account. If you interact by clicking Like, Share, etc., this information can be stored your personal user account and possibly posted on the respective network. To prevent this, you need to log out of your social media account before clicking on the graphic. The various social media networks also offer settings that you can configure accordingly.
Google Analytics and other Google Services
We use Google Analytics and other Google Services on our website. These services are provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Irland (hereinafter: Google).
Through certification according to the EU-US Privacy Shield
Google guarantees that it will follow the EU’s data protection regulations when processing data in the United States.
The Google Analytics service is used to analyze how our website is used. Our legitimate interest lies in the analysis, optimization, and economic operation of our site.
Usage and user-related information in relation to the Google Analytics service includes IP address, place, time, or frequency as well as the type of device and software being used of your visits to our website will be transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there. However, we use Google Analytics with the so-called anonymization function, whereby Google truncates the IP address within the EU or the EEA before it is transmitted to the US.
The data collected in this way is in turn used by Google to provide us with an evaluation of visits to our website and what visitors do once there. This data can also be used to provide other services related to the use of our website and of the internet in general.
Google states that it will not connect your IP address to other data. In addition, Google provides further information with regard to its data protection practices at https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners, including options you can exercise to prevent such use of your data.
We use YouTube on our website. This is a video portal operated by YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave, 94066 San Bruno, CA, USA, hereinafter referred to as “YouTube”.
YouTube is a subsidiary of Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Irland, hereinafter referred to as “Google”.
Through certification according to the EU-US Privacy Shield
Google and its subsidiary YouTube guarantee that they will follow the EU’s data protection regulations when processing data in the United States.
We use YouTube in its advanced privacy mode to show you videos. Our legitimate interest lies in improving the quality of our website. According to YouTube, the advanced privacy mode means that the data specified below will only be transmitted to the YouTube server if you actually start a video.
Without this mode, a connection to the YouTube server in the USA will be established as soon as you access any of our webpages on which a YouTube video is embedded.
This connection is required in order to be able to display the respective video on our website within your browser. YouTube will record and process at a minimum your IP address, the date and time the video was displayed, as well as the website you visited. In addition, a connection to the DoubleClick advertising network of Google is established.
If you are logged in to YouTube when you access our site, YouTube will assign the connection information to your YouTube account. To prevent this, you must either log out of YouTube before visiting our site or make the appropriate settings in your YouTube account.
For the purpose of functionality and analysis of usage behavior, YouTube permanently stores cookies on your device via your browser. If you do not agree to this processing, you have the option of preventing the installation of cookies by making the appropriate settings in your browser. Further details can be found in the section about cookies above.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION ACROSSS NATIONAL BORDERS TO OTHER COUNTRIES
Mumhive headquarters are in the United Kingdom.
You may access, correct, delete and export your account information at any time by logging into the Services and navigating to the Settings page. Please note that if you choose to delete your account, we may continue to retain certain information about you as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
You may opt out of receiving certain communications from us, such as digests, newsletters, and activity notifications, by following the instructions in those communications or through your account’s Settings page. If you opt out, we may still send you administrative emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
Mumhive does not sell your personal information.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose about you, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt out of any sales of your personal information, if we engage in that activity in the future, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by emailing us at email@example.com or by completing this our Contact Us page. We will verify a your request by asking you to provide identifying information. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with a power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. This may include requiring you to verify your identity. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE
If you are located in the European Union (“EU”), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under applicable law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the products and services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of non-administrative communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to receive non-administrative communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store personal data associated with your account for as long as your account remains active. If you close your account, we will delete your account data within 14 days, unless we are required to retain this for legal reasons. We store other personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to receive your data in a portable format, the right to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased, and the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. To exercise your rights:
- If you sign up for an account with Mumhive, you may at any time request an export of your personal information from the Settings page available when you are logged in.
- You may correct information associated with your account from the Settings page available when you are logged in or the Preferences section to update your preferences.
- You may withdraw consent by deleting your account at any time through the Settings page available when you are logged in.
- You may object at any time to the use of your personal data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
- For individuals in the EEA:
- For individuals in the UK:
- For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html
If you are from the EEA, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, please contact us at email@example.com.
For the purposes of data protection law, the "Data Controller" is:
71 - 75 Shelton Street,
The data protection officer is:
Data Protection Officer