Terms and Conditions for Mumhive
Effective: May 1, 2021
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern.
- your use of the Mumhive platforms including mumhive.com and all associated platforms and social media, as provided by Mumhive Limited (hereafter known as Mumhive).
- Any other related Agreement or legal relationship with the Owner
Nothing in these Terms creates any relationship of employment, agency, or partnership between the involved parties.
We may amend or add to these terms and conditions without notice to you, so please check periodically.
When you register with us you are stating that you are over 16 years of age. You agree that any information you provide to us about yourself upon registration or at any other time will be true, accurate and complete.
You must keep the password which you use to access Mumhive confidential and must not disclose it to or share it with anyone. You will be responsible for all activities that occur under your password.
On registering you can agree to receive regular Mumhive newsletters by email. You can opt out of these by unsubscribing from the mailing list at any time using the link to your profile or click the unsubscribe link found in the email.
Use of the Forum
When using the Forum, you alone are responsible for the content of your posts, and any consequences arising. By using Mumhive you agree to comply with the following:
- (a) Mumhive is to be used by you for your personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes (to promote a company, product, or service or to recruit staff) without prior written permission.
- (b) Mumhive may not be used to send chain letters, junk mail, 'spam', solicitations (commercial or non-commercial) or bulk communications of any kind. If a member puts an email address or web address into a message, you may not use it for any purpose other than that which the Member intended.
- (c) If using the Forum to arrange to meet someone, you do so at your own risk, and Mumhive. accepts no liability for any consequences.
- (d) If using the Forum to find childcare, it is your responsibility to check registrations, qualifications, and references. Mumhive is not liable for any consequences and accepts no responsibility for the verification of any childcare notices.
- (e) You may not post to Mumhive or use Mumhive to publish, send or distribute any message or material (in any media or form) that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, profane, threatening, racially or sexually or otherwise discriminatory, offensive, inaccurate, is in breach of confidence or a third party's intellectual property rights or which otherwise includes objectionable material of any kind or nature, that encourages or engages in conduct that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or which has a disruptive influence on Mumhive.
- (f) You (whether acting in your capacity as a journalist in any media or otherwise) must not post appeals for case histories on Mumhive.com. All media requests should be sent to authorised appeals for information will be removed.
- (g) You must not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious.
- (h) You must not use Mumhive in a way that might reasonably be expected to cause the website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or which could in any way damage the operation of another's computer.
Mumhive reserves the right in its absolute discretion at any time to edit, alter, delete, or move any material posted to, appearing on, or distributed by Mumhive and you. Mumhive will not engage in discussions about its decision to edit, alter, delete, or move such material.
- (a) Mumhive may at any time, and without prior or post warning, close discussions on message boards as it feels appropriate.
- (b) Mumhive may withdraw membership of Mumhive at any time. Attempts to re-join, may result in legal action. Mumhive decision is final, and no discussion will be entered into.
Submission of Listings & Comments
By adding a listing or comment to the site, you agree to comply with the following terms:
- (a) Mumhive reserves the right in its absolute discretion at any time to edit, alter, delete, or move any material, such as listings or comments added by Mumhive and you. Mumhive will not enter any discussions about its decision to edit, alter, delete, or move such material.
- (b) Mumhive reserves the right to share material, such as the content of listing and comments with other organisations who may also publish the material.
- (c) Mumhive reserves the right to email you from time to time if you have indicated that you are the owner of the business, group, or event.
Images in listings and comments
- (a) The member must submit only his/her own original images and agrees and confirms that this will not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party.
- (b) The photo should be of sufficient quality to publish.
- (c) Mumhive reserves the right to edit any photo.
- (d) If your photo contains what appears to be illegal conduct, Mumhive may notify law enforcement authorities.
Although Mumhive is a free service, our advertising slots incur a charge. Prices and terms of paid advertising will be clearly disclosed prior to booking your advert. Please take care when booking your adverts as they are non-refundable.
All adverts are paid for at time of booking. Prices may change from time to time, and we may not give notice.
Mumhive reserves the right to cancel any ad bookings that it feels are not appropriate for the site or conflict with any services the site offers. No refund will be given for adverts that contravene our terms and conditions.
Mumhive reserves the right to email you from time to time with relevant information, if you have indicated that you are the owner of the business, group, or event.
We do not store credit card details, nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- Discount codes are only valid for Local Advertising bookings placed online.
- Discount codes entitle you, at the time of ordering, to a saving on a new Local Advertising booking only.
- Mumhive reserves the right to decline to accept orders where, in its opinion, a discount code is invalid for the order being placed. The ad booking will be cancelled, and no refund will be given.
- Discount codes are only valid for a limited time and may be withdrawn at any time.
- Only one discount code can be used per order.
- Discount codes are not valid in conjunction with any other promotion including the usual discount offered for multiple ads booked.
- Mumhive reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
All copyright, trademarks (registered or unregistered) and other intellectual property rights of whatsoever nature arising from all materials, content and information on this site, including the site's design, layout and organisation, are owned or licensed by Mumhive.
Except where stated, none of the material may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, or transmitted in any form by any means, including but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior written permission of Mumhive.
Permission is granted to access, download, or print such material for your personal, non-commercial use only and is subject to these terms and conditions.
By submitting content to Mumhive, including your first name, you grant Mumhive a right to use, reproduce, modify, and publish it in other works. You also permit any member to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content for personal use.
3rd Party Web Sites, Goods and Services
Mumhive provides links to 3rd party web sites. We make no representations as to the quality, suitability, functionality, or legality of any sites to which we may provide links, or any goods or services available from such sites.
All matters concerning any goods and services that you purchase from a 3rd party site, including without limitation all contract terms are solely between you and the owner of that site and Mumhive will not be liable for any costs or damages to you or any third party arising directly or indirectly out of any 3rd party website. You hereby waive any claim you might have against Mumhive with respect to any such sites.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- Mumhive is providing this site on an 'as is' basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties.
- The content on the site and forum has been included in good faith. The Content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Whilst Mumhive endeavours to ensure that the information on this site is correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and Mumhive does not accept any liability for error or omission.
- In particular, the support and information in the forum and site does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, or arrangement by Mumhive and is not intended to be relied upon by users in making (or refraining from making) any specific decisions or to be a substitute for obtaining professional advice. You should consult a doctor, health or appropriate professional if you require specific advice.
- You are responsible for checking the accuracy of relevant facts and opinions given on the site before entering any commitment or taking any other form of action or inaction based upon them.
- Mumhive does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of postings submitted by users, moderators, and parent supporters on the forum, or endorse any opinions expressed by users, moderators, or parent supporters.
- All conditions, warranties, terms, and undertakings express or implied statutory or otherwise in respect of the provision of the Content and the Site are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitation of Liability
Neither Mumhive nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of this site or any information contained in it. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
You agree to indemnify and hold Mumhive and its directors, employees, and agents harmless from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising from your use of the Site.
Breach of these Terms
Mumhive will be entitled to restrict, suspend, or terminate your membership or deny you access to Mumhive or take such other action as Mumhive deems appropriate if Mumhive determines, in its sole discretion, that you are in breach any of the Terms and Conditions or that your use of Mumhive is inappropriate or otherwise unacceptable.
The restriction, suspension, or termination of our service pursuant to this section will be without prejudice to any rights which Mumhive may have against you in respect of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Mumhive shall be entitled to disclose your user identity and details if required or requested by the courts or other law enforcement authorities and/or agencies or in such other circumstances as Mumhive in its sole discretion considers reasonably necessary or appropriate.
You agree to indemnify and hold each of Mumhive, its directors, sponsors, representatives, employees and contractors, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable solicitors’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of Mumhive, the violation of these Terms and Conditions by you, or the infringement by you, or any other subscriber of your account, or of any intellectual property or other right of any other person or entity.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you assist us in any research or development for Mumhive, or a third party through Mumhive, marked as “confidential information" you agree not to share this to anyone outside Mumhive without first obtaining our consent. "'Confidential Information" shall mean any information and data of a confidential nature, including but not limited to proprietary, technical, brand strategy, development, new product ideation and development, marketing, sales, operating, performance, cost, know-how, business and process information, computer programming techniques, source code, all record bearing media and any samples, models or prototypes, or parts thereof.
Any failure or delay by us to enforce strict performance by you of any of the Terms and Conditions or to exercise any right under the Terms and Conditions will not be construed as a waiver to any extent of our rights.